Saturday, July 24, 2010

DELLLY!!!!

So I admit it earlier today I said "If only Delmon was better in the outfield defensively." Then he makes this play tonight catching a fly ball and turning to throw it to second, gets the runner trying to advance! So here I am feeling bad for questioning his defense, then they interview him at the end of the game...He says I didn't think the runner was going and just tossed it in luckily it was good enough...Huh?! Is he really saying he wasn't trying to make that play? What?! Maybe its just that he is shy and doesn't like talking about himself, but he really did all the right things to make that play. He took a great angle to the ball and turned and threw hard and accurate. Please let me believe he did that on purpose and not like he said, LUCKY.

Maybe Gardy needs to just keep Alexi in even if Orlando says he is fine. He played great tonight and really looked focused! I will take my chances with him in the field if he keeps hitting like tonight. He is so quick on the ball I think he may even be better then Hudson in the field...that is if he stays focused!

Loved Danny Valencia tonight starting to get a crush on him!! Asked my brother Jay what his nick name should be and his quick reply was ORANGE...I like it so he shall be orange from now on.

Feeling good about Scotty Bakers start tonight, he looked better tonight. I like the goatee he has going, guess he knows he can't pull of the stache like Pavano! At one point Scotty Baker had to duck a hit right back at him, this got Bert and Dick talking. Dick asked about Bert getting hit during his career "...couple went by my ear, they were talking to me!" I love this because I have no doubt that Bert has had conversations with baseballs.

Our defense is what will get us past the Tigers and the White Sox.

GO TWINS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment