Sunday, August 8, 2010

So long Cleveland!

I am happy to be leaving Cleveland. I think its hard to play these bad teams at the end of the year. We either play down to their level or suddenly they become an awesome team knocking the crap out of the ball and pitching out their minds. Well the Twins salvaged this series. Good hitting, fielding and pitching.

While you never want your pitcher to give up early runs it is really great when they can get back on track and shut a team down like with Duensing today. Thankfully the offense got the lead back and then it was a cruise until the end.

Orlando seems to have come back strong but I still miss ALexi, I hope he is ok. Again the team shows how players step up. After Alexi came out yesterday Plouffe played fine defensively and got his first major league Home Run. Just love the depth of this team!


Let's go visit the Sox! They lost today to a resurging Orioles team so we are a half game back. Total of 9 games to go against the sox, I like our chances!

GO TWINS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I left the apartment today and the Twins were down 4-0 after 4 innings. When I came home I watched live on the computer as Capp blew the Indians away with 95-98 MPH pitches for the save. NICE!
    I agree it can be scary playing the bottom dwellers this time of year. Young players trying to impress and players playing with abandon. But I'll take our schedule right now. Plenty of games with Chicago and lots with KC and the likes. Chicago I think has several series with NY and Boston. So we should be in good shape. We just need to stay healthy.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the team play. I'm sick of watching animated games on the computer.
    I've been preparing for my trip home. My little homage to the best pitcher in the A.L.
    Check out my new photo.
    Go Twins.
    P&L,
    Mitzand

    ReplyDelete