Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This is how you cheer!!!!


This is how you cheer in Japan at least. This is the chant for Tsuyoshi Nishioka every time he comes to bat! Can you imagine doing this at Target Field!?! It would be amazing. Evidently they do this for every batter through out their entire at bat. They have cheer captains and pass out the words to each players chant. Every year the chant changes for each player just like the coming up to bat songs in MLB.

I wonder how Tsuyoshi will feel coming to bat and having it so quiet compared to Japan. It would be amazing if fans here could create a chant for him and make him feel more at home. I think it would be fun to go to a game in Japan and cheer constantly like that, I am often the only person cheering in my section at games. People always are "They can't hear you!" Well if everybody cheered they would hear you! And it does help to have your fans cheering, good examples are: the dome during our last world series and Williams arena when the Gophers don't suck.

I can recall games at Williams where the crowd was chanting M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A and it is AWESOME!!! Lets do it! Lets start our own tradition of chants for our players! Lets back our Twins in a new fun interactive way.

I am going to work on some chants for players and would love to hear your suggestions!

MORNEAU MORNEAU
Watch that Baseball GO!

Hey I think I am onto something(or on something)....

GO TWINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment