Wednesday, March 9, 2011

upon further review...

Ok having viewed several videos of Japanese chanting or songs at games I have to say I am glad American baseball doesn't do that! Sure I am all for cheering at games I am always yelling or clapping. But I pay attention to the game and am cheering for good plays or to give a little boost. It struck me that the Japanese are cheering to cheer or singing to sing....they dont actually seem to be watching the game. For me baseball is a beautiful game full of nuances. One of those is being at the park and hearing the crack of the bat, slap of a ball into a mitt...these followed by cheers or groans from the crowd or Wally the beer man calling out. I dont imagine you hear those things at a japanese game over the constant song/cheer. I love it when the crowd joins together for "KUBE!" or gets to their feet as Jim Thome comes up to bat. Yes I do kinda wish there was more cheering and perhaps less negetive yelling but I am glad we dont have cheer captins and trumpets.

I heard the collective sigh of relief when it was announced Morneau had played in a game. It was definitely a boost to have his second at bat be a 3RBI double. Pretty Sweet! I am sure Justin is chomping at the bit to be in every game but I think its a great plan to ease him into it. As I said before those veterans don't need a lot of spring games to get back into the groove.

I also want to point out that Delmon Young got into his first game and got two walks!! Yes TWO walks. If Delmon can show that kinda plate patience through out the season the fellow is going to have big numbers!! I have no doubt those broad shoulders and thick forearms can muscle some balls out of the park, but if he can layoff bad pitches his work will be a piece of cake.

We need to start the melting and get this winter over with I am ready for some baseball!!!

GO TWINS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment