Sunday, July 17, 2011

#596!


Every time Jim Thome comes to bat you just have to pay attention! The ball he hit today was almost 500 feet! I was there last year when he hit the flag pole and I thought that was amazing, todays was even further!! Makes me wonder what it looked like when Harmon Killebrew smacked them literally out of the ball park!
Twins sent Matt Tolbert down today and put Scott Baker on the DL with sore elbow. Bummer in both cases. I really like Matt Tolbert ever since he first came up. I remember watching him fly around the bases doing a head first slide which unfortunately tore up his thumb. Never really stuck after that. I think the twins wanted him to be the replacement for Nicky Punto. He is good defensively but like Punto was inconsistent at the plate. I see him being future coach or manager material. I think they like him, I know Gardy does because hes a feisty fundamental guy. I am sure he will be back by this fall and contribute in his little ways!
I hope Thome gets his 600th during this home stand!

GO TWINS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment