Thursday, July 21, 2011

Verlander love fest

First game of the Tiger series and Justin Verlander pitched for the Tigers. Kicked our butts! Verlander can really throw that ball not just fast but also hits his spots. That being said I can't stand the guy after listening to Roy Smalley(who is taking Berts place on FSN) wax on and on about him. Every inning he gushed over his pitching. I think he has a bit of a man crush on him. I found myself disliking the guy more and more, though I will concede he really can pitch. Just all that love from one of our own was making me cringe. I think the Tigers are a close second to the White Sox in terms of having lots of players who I think are jerks. I did reflect that I use to dislike Thome when he was with the Sox and hes actually a really great guy. So maybe I am wrong when I think negative things about Ordonoz, Guillen and Cabrera. What can I say I am a homer and prejudice against other teams and their players.
We just couldn't string together a few hits tonight. Though I will say I felt like we had a chance until the very last out. Especially after Verlander was pulled, their bullpen is not very strong. Hopefully tomorrow we will get on the ball more and pick up the next three games. I think Verlander is their one and only great pitcher and I like our chances against average pitchers. So opportunity lost tonight but more to come, lets keep our heads up and stay positive.
GO TWINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment