Monday, May 31, 2010

Expectations!

There are high expectations for this Twins team. I think this is a good team, a great team in fact and I have really high hopes for them. What I don't understand is the constant grumblings by sports "reporters" newspaper and radio. Whether its questioning Gardy's handling(babying according to some)of the closer or them not demolishing the Yankees. I don't get it?!

We are doing so much better at this time then last year. We have the best defense in baseball, we are leading our division. There have been only a couple games where I felt like we weren't in it at all. The new additions are contributing the call ups are contributing, the pitchers are keeping us in every game, the bull pen is holding its own. What the hell people!

This is baseball it is a wonderful complicated simple game. These men are hitting balls thrown at them 90mph, they are fielding balls flying at even faster speeds and doing it all really well. Sure they are not perfect, heck we have a whole 12 errors now. Sure they get paid a hell of a lot of money to do this and do it well. But do not forget they are human beings not machines. You can not tell me they are not trying.

Maybe I look at them with rose colored glasses but I see a group of guys who are really working at the game. They face a pitcher who stymies them for 5 innings but they keep working at him. Their patience at the plate is really impressive to me sure we don't always get the big hit when the bases are loaded but hell we are loading the bases!! Eventually those hits will come.

This team is still warming up, its early in the season. I would prefer they really get clicking about the end of July and then steam roll thru August and Sept! Remember the way they played at the end of last season? If that team which was working with several young pitchers patching the bullpen and starters and didn't have their MVP Morneau can make that kind of run at the pennent then this team....well it makes me giddy to think what they can do if they stay healthy!

I encourage you to watch the game with a less critical eye. Think of them as your kid out their playing. They need your encouragement not your criticism. Enjoy the beauty of the game, the art of it, the strategy and the way one hit or one odd bounce of the ball can change a whole game. I know they make a lot of money but its still baseball. If they were perfect it wouldn't be fun to watch.

Be a fan!!

GO TWINS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment