Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Final Push....(no 163)

I imagine Gardy heads to the park everyday with a smile on his face. He knows his team doesn't have to play a game 163. Then as he sits and writes out the line up his tummy starts to churn, can't put Mauer and Morneau on the list, he pauses should I let Kubel pinch hit? Do I let Hudson play or rest him? Is Cuddy Ok without a day off? Lots of unknowns float in his head, he does his best not to think ahead to the playoffs. He wants to win as many games as possible hopefully get home field advantage for the playoffs.

Once again Gardy excels as Manager helping his team get another Division Championship. Balancing the lineup protecting his pitchers, rearranging for injuries and keeping everyone together! His low key exterior and burning inner passion helps the team make it through a long challenging season.

Maybe he isn't the most showiest manager but that is not the Twins way. Just as TK before him he stays even tempered keeps issues in the clubhouse and brings out the best in his players. The young guys called up through out the year are ready to play thanks to the system preparing them. Everyone knows what Gardy expects of them on and off the field. It is obvious that the Twins are doing things right and this year they took the extra step. Bringing in Hudson and Thome adding pitchers Capps, Fuentes and Flores.

I don't want to look to far ahead and stay in the moment just as the team is trying to do...but I am excited for the playoffs! I will watch the remaining games hoping to win a couple more then the Yankees but I will not dismay if we don't. I don't buy into the Yankee curse so I am not afraid to go there and play. This team has had a fun exciting season and entertained me greatly and no matter what they do in the playoffs I will still love them!! But first lets beat Cleveland!

GO TWINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment