Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Super Tuesday!!!

Again I was lucky enough to go to the game on Tuesday night! My big brother Jayboy took me as a birthday present!! It was a bit chilly but our seats were really close and safe from the wind. The opponent being the Royals added to the evening for me because as I have said before the Royals were my team.. My father loved the Royals so I loved them too! My first big league game was the Royals. My first cool interaction with a player was Frank White 2nd basemen for the Royals. I have many fond memories of watching the Royals play on warm summer nights in Kansas City.

Last night sitting in our new outdoor stadium I couldn't help but think of those nights with my Dad and siblings in KC. That is also a beautiful park and for us to have one like this is just thrilling!! The chill in the air, smell of grilled onions, constant chatter of fans and eruptions of cheers...this is what baseball is about.

I made myself a circle me Bert sign but don't think I got circled though Bert did wave to us from the booth! Also got my name on the scoreboard from my 8 cool siblings! The Twins played great, got some hits from the back end of the order and once again Thome blasted one out of the park. The pitcher threw one a little inside and I could tell that ticked off Jim so two pitches later goodbye ball! Went about 430ft!



The White Sox lost so we are 4.5 up! They seem to be playing really well fighting through their own injuries. Guess they had some last night too. But as Gardy said as long as we win we don't have to worry about the Sox. Of course next week when we play them I suppose we have to worry a little bit!

GO TWINS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment