Friday, June 10, 2011

keep em coming....

I know it has been a while since I wrote but please know it wasn't because I gave up on my Twins. It has been agonizing the way this season has started! So hard to watch Gardy deal with a minor league line up and mistake after mistake followed by sheer bad luck. I didn't write because I wanted to rant about a few of the young guys. Funny enough my fellow fans (my brother) actually were defending a few of them. I usually try to be positive and give the benefit of doubt especially when they are young guys coming up in this situation but when you keep doing the same thing over and over costing us games as Cee Lo sings "forget you!" I avoided my blog not sure what to say or how to defend my team. I guess I was following the old "if you can't say anything nice" thing.
Despite losing another starter in Denard Span the Twins are rolling. The last week the young guys have been carrying the team. My favorite Bennie Revere is so fun to watch and How about my little Alexi Casilla! Love the speed and effort! Seems like the team has a good groove going not only on the field but mostly in the clubhouse. Th bullpen seems to be having fun, they have begun a new ritual as they go to the bull pen and it seems to be working. (they have video on FSN north of their routines)
Maybe next week we will get back Tsuyoshi Nishioka and Joe Mauer but seems like no one is counting on it. I don't even know what to say about Mauer. Wish we had more information but I have to believe the guy is hurting he just doesn't strike me as one who would not want to play. My brother Greg is convinced he is depressed and I won't even go into why because it is purely speculation. Aside to Joe: It gets better! I think Justin Morneau and Michael Cuddyer are playing with lots of pain but are gutting it out.
The baseball has at least been exciting especially when we win. I am going to one of the games with the Rangers. Again stellar seats, thank you GREG!!! I am excited and nervous. Deep in my heart I still believe this team can pull off the biggest come back in baseball history. The next 41 games will include 31 at home and if we can win all of those it will be very helpful! I know winning all of them is unlikely but its baseball, anything can happen.

Lets all stay positive and keep cheering the guys on. Lets welcome Joe back with open arms not boos. Lets keep hoping the young guys reveal their star talent and the old guys heal up!
GO TWINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment