Saturday, June 18, 2011

Speedboys...

There is a town in upper Michigan "the U P" called Bessemer, the local high school teams are called the Speedboys. I have decided that this should be the new nickname for Alexi Casilla and Ben Revere! I believe you could add Tsyoshi Nishioka to this mix as well but I don't want to put any pressure on him. Maybe after he plays a couple weeks he can join the Speedboys.
It was so fun to watch the Twins steal 5 bases against AJ in one game. Even Michael Cuddyer looked like a Speedboy! I love that we played such fun small ball against the White Sox, you can just see it eating Ozzie up!!
The starting pitching is really setting the tone for games. Hard to lose when your starters go 7 plus innings! Such a turn around for this team it is refreshing to watch such good baseball.

Those little Speedboys at the front on the order are setting the table and pushing each other. Joe Mauer must have been delighted to come to bat and see those two on base! I hope Casilla can keep up this awesomeness at the plate and in the field. He is so fun to watch when he plays with confidence.
I know Gardenhire has to make big decisions as players come back from the DL but I hope he keeps Revere! That big smile and speediness is a great boost for this team. Don't tell my niece but I hope Delmon Young gets really hot in the next month so he becomes trade bait for a good pitcher opening up left for little Bennie!
Lets all keep cheering on the fellas and hope they continue the difficult climb to the top of the standings!
GO TWINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment