Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thome!

So the Twins did it! They signed Jim Thome! Ok I have to say I was reluctant to jump on board with this decision. Then I thought at the very least he wont be coming in and hitting homeruns against us. Then I read today in the paper that part of the plan would be letting Kubel play more outfield and having Thome DH. LOVE IT! Anything that keeps Delmon out of the outfield sounds good to me. I know I need to stay on the positive tip with Del he did warm up at the end of last year. And I hope he will continue to achieve at the plate but sorry he is terrible defensively. I know hes young and can improve but watching him run is painful.
I apologize to my niece who loves Del -Z I will try to not get on his case this year and cheer for him. Just glad that there are options.

Do you think Thome could still cover 1st once in a while to spell Justin. Dont think he has played defense in a few years but maybe he could a few times.

2 comments:

  1. Love Nick Punto
    You are so right about nick being one of the hardest working players in major league baseball. Sending good energy to Nick so he can come back this year to be even better.
    And Delmon is going to be great this year the twins are going to be great this year.
    but lets talk about the new stadium - IDIOTS that designed it
    I bet with in a year People will be complaining about no roof
    WHY didn't they design it to at least have the possibility to add a retractable roof? WHY WHY - IDIOTS its bad enough that they didn't build it by the river in down town St Paul, better location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am wondering how the outdoor stadium is going to be...Can't say I was a fan of the new stadium thing but have to admit it is really a cool looking stadium!
    Think the first two months will be hit and miss...bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    And dont forget the lovely garbage smell! Oh wait I think they are getting a giant air freshioner.
    But lets think positively global warming my work in our benefit.
    kit

    ReplyDelete