Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cheering!

If anyone from my family is at a baseball game you'll know it. We all cheer, there's no sitting quietly watching the game. No matter the size of the stadium we yell as if they can hear us. I firmly believe my yelling/cheering at the game helps my team. My Father who exposed all of us kids to baseball was our example of how to act at a game.
My Dad had season tickets from season one of the Sioux Falls Canaries. He sat right behind home plate. He always razed the ump and talked to the players, especially the catcher. In fact one year he went to a spring training game in Arizona and was hollering and the catcher stood up and turned around and said "Jack?" It was the Canary catcher who was trying to make a MLB club! He totally recognized my Dads voice!
Though not all my siblings are die hard fans they all enjoy baseball. They all holler at games while Timmy or Greg would be the loudest even my sisters will belt out during a heated game! I have been told repeatedly they can't hear you! Why do you do that? Like I said even if they can't hear exactly what I say they can feel it. My cheering adds to the atmosphere it sends positive vibes out to my players! I try not to be negative when I yell though if the Twins are playing the White Sox I usually have to razz AJ!
It will be different at the outdoor stadium, we definitely lose some advantage in noise not playing in the dome. But I think back to the days of sitting outside watching the Royals play and I loved it! The cool breeze the shining sun and the constant chatter of the crowd! Lets play ball!

2 comments:

  1. Nobody cheers louder then me!!!!!!!!!!
    And A.J. is the best catcher ever YAAAHHHHH A.J.

    ReplyDelete