Sunday, February 28, 2010

Questions.....

3rd base
Early reports made it seem that Harris was a lock on playing third. But seems like it will come down to 3 Bredan harris, Nick Punto and Danny Valencia.

It comes down to do we want more bat less defense or defense less bat. All reports indicate Valencia will go to Triple A with hopes he'll be a mid season pull up. I doubt they will bring him up mostly because they wont need him and better to have him playing everyday to improve.

As you may know I am a fan of Punto and I think people whorip on him are ignorant Sure he doesn't light up the batting box. He is a leader in the clubhouse and spark on the field. He can play defense anywhere! With the new additions of Hardy and Hudson we can afford to have Punto batting 9th. We can count on him stopping some runs defensively. He got 60 walks last year! I take that over Harris in the field. Besides Harris has been a pretty good pinch hitter late in games.

I know Gardy loves Punto! Most likely they will split time there but I shall envision Punto having a good year at the plate and gold gloving in the outfield. Its going to be a fun year!

No comments:

Post a Comment