Saturday, April 3, 2010

Closer Rauch

The Twins announced that Rauch will be their closer. Tattooed and over 6' he is an imposing figure, though he does not have the stuff like Nathan. He has experience as a closer and should do just fine. I am hoping this line up will provide him with some cushion.

I agree with the Twins that defining roles for the bullpen is better then doing the whole committee thing. it is important for players to know what is expected of them. They can develop a routine on game days which is helpful for getting into a groove!

I actually am afraid of how optimistic I feel about this team. Perhaps this has to do with my gopher disappointment every year. Always get all fired up and then they let me down. I guess I am willing to take the chance on this team, I am just plain excited!! I think any let down will come from unknowns like injuries not lack of effort. These guys seem ready to take that next step. They are cohesive and work hard, they are hungry for more then a division championship!

No comments:

Post a Comment