Thursday, April 22, 2010

Twins!


So we lost today but hey we can't win them all. Though maybe we could win all the series! That would be pretty sweet!

I am feeling good about the all around play. We are getting on base with a lot of patience at the plate. Lots of walks and then good base running and little hits! The big hits will come, but the small ball is going to be what gets us wins! Its classic baseball= get on base, get the ball into play and run the bases.

I am a little worried about Nicky Punto. Though can't complain about how Brendan Harris is filling in...decent defense and getting on base. Hoping Nick will play at KC this weekend. Did you see Casillas play from SS today! He is quick! Hope he keeps improving, his potential is high.

Neshek hopefully is going to be OK and not go on the DL. If he does it will be fun to see Slama if they bring him up. Also its good to get some of the pitchers up, get their feet wet. Then if they are needed later in the season they are rid of the jitters.

I was lucky enough to go to the game Tuesday night with my two brothers! We got there really early and explored the outside of the stadium. I toured the pro shop finding the things I want but can't afford! Think I will get an inaugural away cap, the one with the red bill. Didn't think I would like the red but its a sharp cap. In love with the light blue jacket that Bert has been rocking!

The ballpark was beautiful! The seats we had were really high up in the left field bleachers but still great view. Super fun to be there in sunshine and have it transition to evening. Everything changes as the light does, I am sure the players are still getting use to all those little elements. From the lighting to the outfield walls...it will take lots of games for it to be ingrained. Soon that wide warning track will be easy for our guys and discombobulating for other players.

We only sat for a little bit then wandered around the park exploring! You can see the field almost everywhere you go. It feels spacious and intimate at the same time! The food was good though a little expensive, but they let me bring in my own peanuts! Went up and hung out with the organist! I loved it! Hope to go back soon!!

GO TWINS!

PS I love how the guys look with the black on their cheeks (see pic above)! WHat is that called

No comments:

Post a Comment